Date: Saturday, September 1st, 9am-5pm
Kohli Research Block
International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad (IIIT-H)
Near DLF, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana, India - 500032
- Map from HICC conference center to IIIT-H: https://goo.gl/jpsgR5
- Map from RGIA Hyderabad (Airport) to IIIT-H: https://goo.gl/DxFaaM
- There will be volunteers at the Airport and IIIT-H to help you find the venue.
The Student Advisory Committee of the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA-SAC) is pleased to call for applications for the 4th Doctoral Consortium. This event extends an opportunity for doctoral candidates to present and discuss their research with a panel of experts. The discussion will be including a feedback on the evolution and progress of their research. It also helps them to identify the road-map and additional studies, which could help toward refining the shape of their thesis.
The doctoral consortium will be a one-day event (incl. lunch and coffee breaks) being organised on Saturday, September 1st, at the International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad. The applicants are required to submit a two-page extended abstract of their PhD research work. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to the consortium where they are required to present a summary of their research. Each candidate will be given 20 mins for the presentation which will be followed by a discussion of 10 mins, led by the panel of experts.
Panel of Experts:
- Mathew Magimai Doss (IDIAP Research Institute)
- Isabel Trancoso (INESC ID Lisbon)
- Vikramjit Mitra (SRI International)
- Bhuvana Ramabhadran (Google Inc., NY)
- Richard Stern (CMU, Pittsburgh)
- Prasanta Kumar Ghosh (IISc, Bangalore)
- Chandra Sekhar Seelamantula (IISc, Bangalore)
- Mariapaola D'Imperio (Aix-Marseille University)
- Haizhou Li (National University of Singapore)
- Guruprasad S (Audience Communications Systems India Pvt. Ltd.)
Prospective doctoral students from speech-related disciplines are invited to apply. Participants will be selected based on the abstracts.
- The invitation is open to all participants of Interspeech18.
- The applicants are to submit an extended two-page abstract, briefing about the research pursued towards their thesis work.
- The submission can be extended to a maximum of two pages including all text, figures and tables, plus an additional page for references.
- The submission has to follow the Interspeech template provided in the author's kit.
- The abstracts may incorporate the published and in-progress work from the authors.
- Submissions are expected to present a fair picture of the research undertaken towards furnishing a thesis.
- Kindly refrain from submitting merely a shorter version of the papers submitted towards conferences.
- Submissions must have the participant as the sole author. Acknowledgement towards their supervisors, supporting agencies/bodies, and contributors to the work, can be made in a separate section.
- The submission must highlight the following:
a.) The motivation of your research.
b.) Key issues identified and/or addressed.
c.) Discussion of results.
d.) Future plans and road map for the thesis.
e.) Major contributions of the research.
- Submission must be in PDF format and must be submitted through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dc2018
- Accepted submissions will be published on www.isca-students.org and thus a submission inherently indicates a consent towards ISCA-SAC to publish the abstract.
- Submissions must follow Interspeech paper template.
- Submissions must describe the research undertaken towards your thesis.
- Submissions must be made in PDF format through the EasyChair link.
- A maximum of two pages are allowed for submission, with an additional page for references. Non-compliance of this limit will lead to the cancellation of submission.
June 20th – Submission Open July 5th – Submission Deadline July 15th – Extended Submission Deadline July 22th – Notification of Decision Aug 20th – Camera-ready Aug 25th – Slides
Sep 1st – Doctoral Consortium
Ravi Shankar Prasad – firstname.lastname@example.org