ISCA-SAC events at Interspeech 2019 (Graz, Austria)
Students Meet Experts
Date: September 18, 2019, 13:30–15:30
Location: Hall 3
We are very excited to announce this year's panel for Students Meet Experts event at Interspeech 2019, Graz, Austria.
This year’s panel of experts includes:
- Björn Hoffmeister (Apple, previously Amazon)
- Tomi Kinnunen (University of Eastern Finland)
- Petr Motlicek (IDIAP, Switzerland)
- Sakti Sakriani (University NAIST, Japan & RIKEN AIP)
- Tanja Schultz (University of Bremen, Germany)
- Juraj Simko (University of Helsinki, Finland, previously Microsoft)
- Yannis Stylianou (Apple & University of Crete, Greece)
- Petra Wagner (University of Bielefeld, Germany)
- Junichi Yamagishi (University NII, Tokyo, Japan)
After successful editions in Lyon (2013), Singapore (2014), San Francisco (2016), Stockholm (2017), and Hyderabad (2018) the Students Meet Experts event is now coming to Interspeech 2019 in Graz. We will have a panel discussion with experts from academia and industry, followed by an informal opportunity to mingle and ask more in depth questions at the SME coffee break.
All students are welcome!
Date and Time: 17th of September 2019, 4–6 PM
Location: Lunch & Special Events on lower level
Registration is now available: Register now!
The Student Advisory Committee of the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA-SAC) is pleased to announce the 1st Mentoring Event of SAC! This event gives doctoral candidates the opportunity to engage with fresh PhD graduates and established experts. This is SAC’s first attempt to engage with SAC Alumni and we are very excited!
Mentoring aims to provide a warm environment for discussing problems involving academia vs industry, woman in science, stress management, professional development, etc. This event will be with round tables, each table will have an expert (from academia or industry), 1-2 PhD graduates, and 6-8 PhD students. Each table will have an assigned topic and the experts will be chosen and invited accordingly. The event will be held during one of the normal session times (= 1.5 hours). Refreshments will be provided.
- John Hansen, University of Texas at Dallas, United States
- Haizhou Li, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Alan Black, Carnegie Mellon University, United States
- Jerome Bellagarde, Apple, United States
- Isabel Trancoso, INESC-ID, Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
- Odette Scharenborg, TU Delft, Netherlands
- Peter Bell, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Chiori Hori, Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories, US
Registration: Doctoral students from speech-related disciplines participating in Interspeech 2019 are invited to apply.
Date: September 14, 2019
Location: Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 25d, 8010 Graz, Austria
The Student Advisory Committee of the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA-SAC) is pleased to announce the 5th Doctoral Consortium. This event gives doctoral candidates the opportunity to present and discuss their research with a panel of experts. The discussion includes feedback on the evolution and progress of their research. It helps them to identify a road-map toward refining their thesis. Doctoral students from speech-related disciplines participating in Interspeech 2019 are invited to apply. Participants will be selected based on their submitted abstracts.
Panel of Experts:
- Kate Knill (University of Cambridge)
- Anouschka Foltz (University of Graz)
- João Freitas (DefinedCrowd)
- Ngoc Thang Vu (University of Stuttgart)
- Hema Murthy (Indian Institute of Technology Madras)
- Simon King (University of Edinburgh)
- Sebastian Möller (Technical University of Berlin)
- Dayana Ribas (University of Zaragoza)
- Kyu Han (ASAPP)
The Doctoral Consortium (DC) is an all-day event taking place just before Interspeech 2019 in Graz at the University of Technology. DC is co-located with the Workshop for Young Female Researchers in Speech & Technology (YFRSW).