Becoming a member of ISCA-SAC
ISCA-SAC renews itself from year to year and is dynamically passed on from one generation of PhD students in speech-related fields to the next. We get to know future members primarily through our events at Interspeech. However, we also welcome new members at any time during the year! Typically, you start out as a volunteer and help organize the ISCA-SAC events. If you want to get more involved, you can later take on more responsibility on the board of ISCA-SAC. Do not hesitate to contact us if you want to become a member and help to keep ISCA-SAC alive! Also check out the ISCA-SAC breakfast, which we organize during Interspeech to discuss the latest developments of the committee and to meet students who would like to volunteer!
Contributing to the ISCA-SAC website
We are happy about contributions to the ISCA-SAC website from enthusiastic students! There are several things that you can do to make a difference.
Here we list just a few, but new ideas are always welcome!
- event reporter - while attending a conference/workshop/summer school, keep a diary of interesting things, both from an academic and a social perspective, and/or write a conclusive report about the event. Pictures, videos and audios are more than welcome - the format is up to you!
- event interviewer - while attending a conference/workshop/summer school, collect interviews with celebs in the field about specific topics or their career and achievements. Pictures, videos and audios are more than welcome - the format is up to you!
- event hunter - crawl the web in search of interesting speech-related events and report them to the community
- regional expert - give regular updates about the state of speech research in a specific region of the world
- topic expert - give regular updates about the state of the art of a specific speech-related topic
- banner artist - produce eyecatching artwork for the blog: event banners, contest banners, story banners, etc.
- signal artist - produce breath-taking, n-dimensional representations of speech, music and noise to be featured on the blog. Pictures, video, audio, everything goes!
We look forward to your contribution!