The aim of this website is to bring together students and senior researchers in the fields of speech, speech communication and speech technology, and to keep them informed about past, on-going and future activities in these fields. We hope that this website will function as a platform through which students and seniors can organize themselves in working groups with other researchers from around the world. These working groups will enable students and senior researchers with common interests to share ideas about on-going and future research. In addition, we hope that this website will become a repository with useful information for Master's and Ph.D. students (in the form of lists of speech labs, text books, universities running specific courses...).
The ISCA-SAC Blog has just been launched and needs enthusiastic students so that it can become more and more interesting!
With your contribution, the blog will be the preferred platform to talk about speech and communication from many different perspectives, in an informal setting and in an entertaining way.
There are several things that you can do to make a difference. Here we list just a few, but new ideas are always welcome!
- Event reporter - while attending a conference/workshop/summer school, keeps a diary of interesting things, both from an academic and a social perspective, and/or writes a conclusive report about the event. Pictures, videos and audios are more than welcome - the format is up to you!
- Event interviewer - while attending a conference/workshop/summer school, collects interviews with celebs in the field about specific topics or their career and achievements. Pictures, videos and audios are more than welcome - the format is up to you!
- Event hunter - crawls the web in search of interesting speech-related events and reports them to the community
- Regional expert - gives regular updates about the state of speech research in a specific region of the world
- Topic expert - gives regular updates about the state of the art of a specific speech-related topic
- Banner artist - produces eyecatching artwork for the blog: event banners, contest banners, story banners, etc.
- Signal artist - produces breath-taking, n-dimensional representations of speech, music and noise to be featured on the blog. Pictures, video, audio, everything goes!
To get involved, just drop a message here.
We look forward to your contribution!